The Bitmap™ is a bitcrusher with fractional bit reduction and sample rate modulation. The Bitmap 2 adds waveshaping, wavefolding, and a window comparator for extreme digital distortion. A drive control handles everything from single coil guitars to synthesizers, with +8 dBu maximum signal level and enough gain to sound like an overdriven mixer channel. Modulation and envelope control create dynamic, responsive distortion and digital artifacts.
The Bitmap 2 is tuned to provide maximum sustain without sputtering on staccato notes. Less extreme settings add layers of nonlinearities that interact in subtle ways, giving you the warmth and grit of 8- and 12-bit samplers. Sample rate reduction turns your guitar into 8-bit video game sounds or twists scales into inharmonic melodies. Sample rate modulation adds subtle motion or morphs your guitar into entirely new textures.
The Bitmap™ works with guitar, bass, synthesizers, drum machines, and other instruments or line level sources.
- Fractional bit reduction from 24-bits down to 1-bit
- Sampling rate reduction from 48 kHz down to 110 Hz
- Sample-rate modulation with triangle, square, and random waveforms
- Adjustable wavefolding and waveshaping functions
- Mix control to maintain bass or add subtle crushing
- Envelope control over sampling rate or mix
- Drive control to accommodate single or dual coil pickups and line-level signals
- 4-pole lowpass filter
- Stereo input/output (TRS)
- Soft touch bypass (momentary or latching), user replaceable
- Aux. footswitch assignable to tap tempo or preset selection
- Assignable expression pedal, remote switch, remote tap, or MIDI port
- Additional parameters via MIDI (USB or TRS)
- MIDI clock synchronization
- Presets (4 on front, 127 via MIDI)
- Web-based editor for editing presets and accessing hidden parameter
Designed and assembled in USA. Requires a 9V 250 mA center negative power supply (not included).