The Vibe-1968 is named after the revered 1968 Honey Vibe. Our mission was to reawaken the exact tone and feel of the original 1968 Honey Vibe, at the same time to add creative controls and features to further expand the tonal capabilities of the vibe.
The Vibe-1968 is a game changer. It takes the classic Vibes of the 60s and builds on their features, richness, and usability. Not content with building another clone, Kingtone have created the Vibe-1968. It took five years of research and development and offers a unique set of features never seen before in a pedal of this type. Vibe-1968 creates the classic and much loved swirling, chewy, phase, chorus and rotating speaker type tones, but adds a host of enhancements. Improvements include a fuller, deeper tonal range, unity or boosted output, two channels, a pedalboard friendly size, and much more. The two channels can be set completely independently and when switching speeds, the rate and depth will gently ramp between settings, this gives a natural, almost rotary speaker effect. Side A can be set to a fast Leslie type vibrato tone, whereas side B can be dialed in to give a deep, swirling, vibe, chorus setting. You can then switch between them, the speed gently transitioning from one setting to the next. You have a complete set of controls for each channel, this is like two Vibes in one pedal. Insane!
Controls for: Rate, Depth,, Chorus/Vibrato, Bulb, Symmetry, Volume, Mix, Ramp Speed, Top Speed, Lowest Speed, Global Depth
- No Compromise Classic Analog Vibe Tones
- Classic Photocell and Spec Bulb Design
- Dual Vibe Pedal, 2 Independent Channels
- Smooth Speed, Depth, Bulb and Symmetry Ramp Between Settings
- Rate, Depth, Vibrato/Chorus, Bulb and Symmetry Settings for Each Channel
- Extended Depth Control Goes From Chewy Vibe Tones To Over Modulated Throb Tones
- Intensity Controls Go From Light Chewy Chorus or Vibrato To Classic Heavy Throb
- Pulsing Red/Cyan Indicator Lights Show Current Speed and Depth
- Setting for Vintage or Modern Tones. Classic warm low input impedance or no tone sucking high impedance and everything in between
- Top Mounted Neutrik Jack Sockets
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Voltage Tracking Gives Consistent Tones Between Different Venues and Power Supplies
- Switchable PhotoCell and Bulb assembly.
- Set and Forget Internal Volume Control Lets You Set The Desired Output Volume From Unity to Boosted
- Custom Matched Photocells For The Deepest, Most Musical Sounding Vibe Effect
- We Have Managed To Fit 100% Classic, No Compromise Vibe Tones Into a Smaller Pedalboard Friendly Size.
- Bulb, Symmetry, Mix, Ramp Speed, Overall Depth, High and Low Speed Can All Be Adjusted
- Uses An Incandescent Bulb, No LEDs Inside!
- Stunning Custom Designed CNC Milled Enclosure
- Laser Engraved Control Panel
- Runs On Standard 18v DC (most pedalboard power supplies feature an 18v output)
- Small Footprint