On more subtle settings the Phaseomatic creates a beautiful, natural sounding vibrato (frequency modulation) and shimmering phasing effects, utilising exactly the same one- and two-stage “Cathodyne” tube circuitry used to in those incredible vintage Magnatone® amps. However, the Phaseomatic’s all-tube circuitry has two additional Cathodyne phase inverters, which allow it to generate a much richer, deeper vibrato and even intense, deep “tunnel” phasing as well as a host of cosmic and spacious sound effects heard on many 1950′s “B” science fiction movie soundtracks.
- All Tube: The Phaseomatic utilises four “Cathodyne” tube phase inverters and photocells to create true vibrato and subtle, shimmering phase-chorused effects—pure tube signal processing operating at real amp plate voltages (300VDC!), just like in a vintage amp!
- Advanced Mixed-Wave Modulator: Twin LFOs that can generate triangle (linear sweep phasing), sine, pseudo-square (vibe), lopsided and various pulse wave shapes.
- “Frozen Sweep” Capability: The LFO is capable of super-long, super-slow 1/180Hz (three minutes!) sweep rates to generate rich, complex comb filter effects. If this isn’t slow enough then a constant output mode allows the comb notches to be “frozen” to create hollow sounding acoustic timbres.
- C.V. Inputs For external control from a voltage source or EV-5 expression pedal for lots of phase modulation possibilities. Frozen notches can be moved up and down. This action can be used in conjunction with the internal LFO of the Phaseomatic for articulate and beautiful sweep effects.
- ‘Dakaware’ Knobs: Authentic bakelite ‘Dakaware’, Chicago 1510 knobs custom manufactured for Effectrode in the U.S.A using the original 1940s moulds.
- Rare peach coloured LEDs: Pulsate with modulation speed to mesmerise… or for visual song tempo matching.
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all our pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in.